Port Security as suggested by USGS
Port Lafito is being constructed to meet the most stringent port security criteria in compliance with the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and International Ship & Port Security (ISPS) codes. Our facility has unmatched access control, visual monitoring, land roving and ocean based patrols:
- Large complement of high definition CCTV of both fixed focus and remote pan and tilt varieties.
- Video monitor station with multiple large screen monitors and data recorders. This station is staffed 24 hours per day with guards trained in video surveillance.
- 16 Mile radar installed to monitor nearby vessel traffic.
In order to effectively control the large contingent of employees, vendors and transport trucks, we have implemented an electronic documentation and access system.
- Large database of active and inactive employees and vendors. This database is tied to access gates and ensures that only approved personnel are granted access.
- Full height turnstile gates for employee access.
- Electronic control arms for vehicle access.
- Large complement of yard lighting consisting of multiple 1000 watt high pressure sodium fixtures on 100 foot tall light towers.
- Dock lighting affixed to each mobile harbor crane with a total of 3000 watts total for each crane.